當前位置:學問君>人在職場>職場英語>

實用英語串燒:There’s like a whole other thing going on the

學問君 人氣:1.91W

1. There's like a whole other thing going on there. 其實不然。
  那只是表面上看來如此,相信我,當你跟她比較熟了,就會發現其實不然。
  這句話比較常見的說法是:There's like a whole other thing going on.帶有「其中另有玄機,並不像表面上看到的樣子」的意味。可以用在形容人的`性格,或表裏不一的事物上。
  A: I know you think Harvard is a school full of really studious, boring bookworms.
  我知道你認爲上哈佛的,都是隻會念書的無聊書呆子。
  B: I used to. But after spending a weekend there, I know there's like a whole other story going on there.
  那是以前啦。但在那裏待了一個週末以後,我就瞭解那裏其實不然。
  2. someone goes the extra mile 某人加倍努力。
  這句話比較常出現在正面形容某人付出的努力:
  A: Bob might have to work overtime to get this project done.
  鮑伯可能得加班才能完成這個項目。
  B: You know Bob. He always goes the extra mile. He'll get it done.
  你知道鮑伯。他總是加倍努力。他會完成項目的。
  3. It's happened before, and it'll happen again. 有一就有二。
  以前發生過的壞事,現在再度發生﹔或是現在發生的事,將來有可能再度發生。這兩種情況下,都可以用到這句話,提醒別人小心提防。
  A: You got rejected by Amy?
  你被艾咪拒絕了?
  B: Yep. I'm used to it. It's happened before, and it'll happen again.
  對啊。我早就習慣了。凡事有一就有二。
 

實用英語串燒:There’s like a whole other thing going on the