當前位置:學問君>人在職場>職場英語>

商務英語:開電影院很賺錢

學問君 人氣:2.85W

商務英語活學活用 開電影院很賺錢(1)

商務英語:開電影院很賺錢

 Ⅰ.核心學習:開電影院很賺錢

Billy: Hello sir, how can I help you?

比利:你好先生,我能幫您做點兒什麼?

Michael: I want your opinion on opening a movie theater.

邁克爾:我想聽聽你對開家電影院的看法。

Billy: Movie theatres are big business.

比利:開電影院可是大買賣。

Michael: I see. What is the main cash crop?

邁克爾:我明白了。那主要的收入來源是什麼呢?

Billy: Snack food is the main cash crop.

比利:零食是主要的收入來源。

Michael: Can you tell me more about movie theatres from a business stand point?

邁克爾:你能不能再從商業的角度說的詳細一點兒?

Billy: My pleasure, sir.

比利:我的榮幸,先生。

 Ⅱ.單詞簡析

1) Big business : makes a lot of money

大買賣

ex:Owning a movie theatre can be big business.

自己開電影院可是樁大買賣。

2) Box office : the placer to buy the tickets

售票處

ex:Stand in line at the box office to buy the tickets.

請在售票處排隊買票。

3) Cash crop : that which makes the most money

主要的收入來源

ex:Selling food and snacks is the real cash crop at the movies.

賣食品和零食是電影院真正的'主要收入來源。

4) Complimentary : free

免費贈送

ex:My boss gave me complimentary tickets to the cinema.

我的老闆給了我一張電影院的贈票。

5) Sold out : full, no more seats in the theatre

滿座,票售完

ex:Jim Carrey’s newest flick sold out every night last week.

吉姆·凱瑞的最新電影上個禮拜每天晚上都是滿座,票全賣完了。

Ⅲ.課文篇

Movie theatre are big business, here’s why.

開電影院很賺錢,這是因爲:

1) Their cash crop is not the movie tickets, but rather the food that they sell to customers.

2) Many famous movies sell out every night. The more sold out shows there are, the more cash the cinema makes.

3) They rarely give complimentary tickets.

4) Box office sales are on the raise. More people than ever are going out to see movies.

5) It is now a custom to go see movies with your loved ones on most holidays.

1) 影院的主要收入來源不是電影票,而是賣給觀衆的食物。

2) 很多有名的電影都能賣個滿座,票賣的越多,電影院賺的錢也就越多。

3) 電影院很少發放贈票。

4) 票房收入在上升,越來越多的人願意出來看電影。

5) 在大多數節假日裏,與你喜歡的人一起看場電影已經成爲了一種習慣。

Ⅳ.對話篇

Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you still have a friend who is an usher at the cinema?

莫莉:不好意思,戈登,你還有個朋友在電影院裏當引座員嗎?

Gordon: Yes I do, he is a great guy.

戈登:有,他可是個不錯的傢伙。

Molly : Can he get us complimentary tickets?

莫莉:他能不能幫我們搞到贈票?

Gordon: Only if he is working at the box office tonight.

戈登:除非他今天晚上賣票。

Molly : Maybe he can get us some complimentary food too.

莫莉:也許他還幫我們搞到些免費吃的。

Gordon: Don’t push your luck.

戈登:得了,別太貪得無厭了。

Molly : I am sorry, what does, "don’t push your luck mean?"

莫莉:對不起,什麼叫“見好就收”呀?

Gordon: It means don’t ask for too much. Food is the cinema’s cash crop, so he can’t give it away for free. Understand?

戈登:意思就是說別指望的太多。吃的可是電影院主要的收入來源,所以他不可能給我們免費食物,懂麼?

Molly : I understand. Owning a movie theatre is big business.

莫莉:我懂了。經營一家電影院可是個大買賣。

Gordon: If my friend was the CEO, I am sure he could help us, but he is only a low-level usher.

戈登:如果我的朋友是電影院的首席執行官,那他肯定能幫我們,但他只是個小小的引座員。

Molly : Complimentary tickets are fine. I’ll take what I can get.

莫莉:能得到免費電影票就已經不錯了,我知足了。

商務英語活學活用 商務電話

Ⅰ.核心學習:The Business Phone Call 商務電話

Billy: Hey babe, your English is improving very quickly.

比利:嘿,寶貝,你的英語提高的很快呀。

Michael: Your English is not so shabby either.

邁克爾:你的英語也不壞呀。

Billy: Thanks for the compliment.

比利:謝謝誇獎。

Michael: What’s a compliment?

邁克爾:什麼叫compliment?

Billy: That’s praise. You complimented me so I returned the favor.

比利:就是稱讚,讚揚。你誇我所以我回贊你。

Michael: Cool. Can you do me another favor and teach me about business phone calls?

邁克爾:好,那你能幫我一個忙,教我有關公司電話(的使用)嗎?

Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

邁克爾:好,那你能幫我一個忙,教我有關公司電話(的使用)嗎?

Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

比利:當然,這是非常需要注意的重要一課,如果可以,找一個朋友和你一起學習今天有用的對話。

Michael: Let’s begin.

邁克爾:我們開始吧。

商務英語活學活用 Telecommuting

Ⅰ.核心學習:Telecommuting 遠程辦公

Michael: Hi Billy. How have things been?

邁克爾:嗨,比利。你好嗎?

Billy: Is that you, Michael? I haven’t seen you for such a long time that I have forgotten what you look like!

比利: 那是你嗎,邁克爾?我好長時間沒有見到你了,我都忘了你長得什麼樣了!

Michael: I have been working from home these days.

邁克爾:這些天我一直在家辦公。

Billy: Do you mean that you have been bludging?

比利:你是說你一直在偷懶嗎?

Michael: No! I have been working from home.

邁克爾:不是!我一直在家辦公。

Billy: Michael, the office is for work. Home is for relaxing!

比利:邁克爾,辦公室是辦公的地方;家是放鬆的地方!

Michael: Billy, these days more and more people work from home. It’s called telecommuting.

邁克爾:比利,現在越來越多的人在家裏辦公。這叫“遠程辦公”。

Billy: That sounds ideal for me!

比利:我覺得那是個完美的主意!

Michael: Why do you think that telecommuting would be perfect for you?

邁克爾:爲什麼你認爲遠程辦公對你來說是完美的?

Billy: Because I could sleep in all day and still get paid for it!

比利:因爲我可以整天睡大覺,還能拿報酬!

商務英語活學活用 愛偷懶的員工和模範員工

Ⅰ.核心學習:愛偷懶的員工和模範員工

Michael: Hello sir, how can I help you?

邁克爾:你好,先生,我能爲您效勞嗎?

Billy: You are a model employee.

比利:你是一個模範員工。

Michael: Thanks for the compliment sir, but I still have a lot to learn.

邁克爾:謝謝您的誇獎,先生,但是,我還有很多要學習的東西。

Billy: I need you to talk to Mr. Ed. He is a slacker.

比利:我希望你能和艾德先生談談,他是一個愛偷懶的人。

Michael: He is a bit of a loafer.

邁克爾:他是有一點兒遊手好閒。

Billy: Can you help him?

比利:你能幫助他嗎?

Michael: I will do my best to teach him and others to be model employees.

邁克爾:我一定盡力幫助他和其他人成爲模範員工。