當前位置:學問君>人在職場>職場英語>

等待offer面試後的階段

學問君 人氣:1.85W

Job interviews are nerve-racking. In fact, they are downright terrifying. Sitting behind a desk while an authority figure pores over every detail of your work experience is enough to put anybody into a state of panic. But you know what's even worse? Waiting to see if you got the job after the interview. Nail biting, constant pacing, and heavy drinking may ensue. Not to worry, we are right there with you. Check out the 13 stages of waiting to see if you snagged that job below. And take a deep breath while you're at it.

等待offer面試後的階段

面試總是令人緊張的。事實上,它們特別恐怖。坐在一張桌子後面,有個權威人士在凝視你工作經歷中的每一個細節,這足以讓任何人陷入恐慌。但是你知道更糟的是什麼嗎?那就是面試坐等是否被錄取的消息。可能產生咬手指甲,經常踱步,酗酒這些行爲。不用擔心,我們在這陪着你。看看如果你得到了工作會有這13個階段。深呼吸。

1. You go into your interview feeling confident.

1. 你自信地去面試了。

After preparing for this moment all week, what do you have to be nervous for?

爲這一刻準備了一個星期,有什麼好緊張的?

2. You keep your cool until the very end.

2. 一直到結束你都表現得很好。

And strut out of the office like you already have the job.

然後昂首闊步地走出辦公室,好像工作勝券在握。

3. But when you get home you immediately stare at your phone.

3. 你一回家就開始盯着電話。

They will call any second . . . right?

他們隨時都會來電話……不是嗎?

4. Then you kind of start to freak out.

你開始有點抓狂了。

Why. Aren't. They. Calling? Or emailing? Or something?

爲什麼?他們不打電話來嗎?不發個郵件嗎?不發點什麼嗎?

5. So you look over your résumé again in search of glaring errors.

你開始檢查簡歷中明顯的錯誤。

Oh my god, did you spell "experience" wrong?

天哪,你把“experience”拼錯了?

6. People start to ask about how the interview went.

人們問你面試如何。

But you just can't even discuss it. Go away, caring friends and family.

但是你不想談這個。讓關心的朋友和家人走開。

7. You no longer know what to do with your life.

7. 你不知道該怎麼做了。

Constantly waiting for a job has put functioning like a normal human at a standstill.

經常等待工作讓正常的人類變得停滯不前。

8. It's time to give up on any hope for this job.

8. 是時候放棄對這份工作的.希望了。

Allow yourself a period of mourning.

給自己一點哀悼的時間。

9. And it's time to start the Internet search for other job listings.

9. 可以開始在網上找其他職位了。

Dive into that black hole of cover letter and résumé building all over again.

再次跳入撰寫求職信和簡歷的黑洞中。

10. Then suddenly, the phone rings . . .

10. 突然,電話響了……

Who could it possibly be?

誰打來的?

11. You get the news that you are hired.

你被錄用了。

All of a sudden you miraculously emerge from your bout of unemployed depression.

你突然從沒被錄用的失望中恢復過來了。

12. It's time to celebrate your triumph!

12. 是時候慶祝勝利了!

Pop those bottles.

乾杯!

13. Enjoy your victory now, because it's time to get to work.

享受現在的勝利,因爲該去工作了。

And building a career for yourself is no walk in the park.

發展職業可不是在公園裏散步。