當前位置:學問君>人在職場>職場英語>

商務英語學習範文

學問君 人氣:1.3W

Ⅰ.核心學習:Telecommuting 遠程辦公

商務英語學習範文

Michael: Hi Billy. How have things been?

邁克爾:嗨,比利。你好嗎?

Billy: Is that you, Michael? I haven’t seen you for such a long time that I have forgotten what you look like!

比利: 那是你嗎,邁克爾?我好長時間沒有見到你了,我都忘了你長得什麼樣了!

Michael: I have been working from home these days.

邁克爾:這些天我一直在家辦公。

Billy: Do you mean that you have been bludging?

比利:你是說你一直在偷懶嗎?

Michael: No! I have been working from home.

邁克爾:不是!我一直在家辦公。

Billy: Michael, the office is for work. Home is for relaxing!

比利:邁克爾,辦公室是辦公的地方;家是放鬆的地方!

Michael: Billy, these days more and more people work from home. It’s called telecommuting.

邁克爾:比利,現在越來越多的人在家裏辦公。這叫“遠程辦公”。

Billy: That sounds ideal for me!

比利:我覺得那是個完美的主意!

Michael: Why do you think that telecommuting would be perfect for you?

邁克爾:爲什麼你認爲遠程辦公對你來說是完美的?

Billy: Because I could sleep in all day and still get paid for it!

比利:因爲我可以整天睡大覺,還能拿報酬!

機械英漢雙語詞彙學習 297

substrate 基底

substratum 地層內段

substructural works 底層結構工程

substructure 底層結構;下層結構;地下建築

sub-subcontractor 再分包商;“三判”

subsurface 地下;下層面

subsurface building works 地下建築工程

subsurface run-off 地下徑流

subsurface seepage flow 地下滲流

subsurface water 地下水

subtenancy 分租租賃;分租租用權

sub-tenant 分租客;三房客

subtransferee 次承讓人

subtransferor 次出讓人

suburban 近郊;市郊

subvented building project 資助工程計劃

subway 隧道;地道

successful tenderer 中標者

successor 繼承人

successor in title 業權繼承人

suction fan 吸風機;抽風機

suction main 吸水乾管

suction pipe 吸水管;吸入管

suction strainer 吸水口濾網

sulphate-resisting Portland cement 耐硫酸鹽水泥

Summary of Precedent Registration Cases 《註冊先例摘要》

summary of tender 投標書總計

商務英語活學活用 商務電話

Ⅰ.核心學習:The Business Phone Call 商務電話

Billy: Hey babe, your English is improving very quickly.

比利:嘿,寶貝,你的英語提高的很快呀。

Michael: Your English is not so shabby either.

邁克爾:你的英語也不壞呀。

Billy: Thanks for the compliment.

比利:謝謝誇獎。

Michael: What’s a compliment?

邁克爾:什麼叫compliment?

Billy: That’s praise. You complimented me so I returned the favor.

比利:就是稱讚,讚揚。你誇我所以我回贊你。

Michael: Cool. Can you do me another favor and teach me about business phone calls?

邁克爾:好,那你能幫我一個忙,教我有關公司電話(的使用)嗎?

Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

邁克爾:好,那你能幫我一個忙,教我有關公司電話(的使用)嗎?

Billy: Sure. This is an important lesson, so pay close attention. If you can, get a friend to help you study today’s helpful dialogues.

比利:當然,這是非常需要注意的重要一課,如果可以,找一個朋友和你一起學習今天有用的對話。

Michael: Let’s begin.

邁克爾:我們開始吧。

商務英語活學活用 愛偷懶的員工和模範員工

Ⅰ.核心學習:愛偷懶的員工和模範員工

Michael: Hello sir, how can I help you?

邁克爾:你好,先生,我能爲您效勞嗎?

Billy: You are a model employee.

比利:你是一個模範員工。

Michael: Thanks for the compliment sir, but I still have a lot to learn.

邁克爾:謝謝您的誇獎,先生,但是,我還有很多要學習的東西。

Billy: I need you to talk to Mr. Ed. He is a slacker.

比利:我希望你能和艾德先生談談,他是一個愛偷懶的人。

Michael: He is a bit of a loafer.

邁克爾:他是有一點兒遊手好閒。

Billy: Can you help him?

比利:你能幫助他嗎?

Michael: I will do my best to teach him and others to be model employees.

邁克爾:我一定盡力幫助他和其他人成爲模範員工。

商務英語活學活用 開電影院很賺錢(1)

Ⅰ.核心學習:開電影院很賺錢

Billy: Hello sir, how can I help you?

比利:你好先生,我能幫您做點兒什麼?

Michael: I want your opinion on opening a movie theater.

邁克爾:我想聽聽你對開家電影院的看法。

Billy: Movie theatres are big business.

比利:開電影院可是大買賣。

Michael: I see. What is the main cash crop?

邁克爾:我明白了。那主要的收入來源是什麼呢?

Billy: Snack food is the main cash crop.

比利:零食是主要的收入來源。

Michael: Can you tell me more about movie theatres from a business stand point?

邁克爾:你能不能再從商業的角度說的詳細一點兒?

Billy: My pleasure, sir.

比利:我的榮幸,先生。

Ⅱ.單詞簡析

1) Big business : makes a lot of money

大買賣

ex:Owning a movie theatre can be big business.

自己開電影院可是樁大買賣。

2) Box office : the placer to buy the tickets

售票處

ex:Stand in line at the box office to buy the tickets.

請在售票處排隊買票。

3) Cash crop : that which makes the most money

主要的收入來源

ex:Selling food and snacks is the real cash crop at the movies.

賣食品和零食是電影院真正的.主要收入來源。

4) Complimentary : free

免費贈送

ex:My boss gave me complimentary tickets to the cinema.

我的老闆給了我一張電影院的贈票。

5) Sold out : full, no more seats in the theatre

滿座,票售完

ex:Jim Carrey’s newest flick sold out every night last week.

吉姆·凱瑞的最新電影上個禮拜每天晚上都是滿座,票全賣完了。

Ⅲ.課文篇

Movie theatre are big business, here’s why.

開電影院很賺錢,這是因爲:

1) Their cash crop is not the movie tickets, but rather the food that they sell to customers.

2) Many famous movies sell out every night. The more sold out shows there are, the more cash the cinema makes.

3) They rarely give complimentary tickets.

4) Box office sales are on the raise. More people than ever are going out to see movies.

5) It is now a custom to go see movies with your loved ones on most holidays.

1) 影院的主要收入來源不是電影票,而是賣給觀衆的食物。

2) 很多有名的電影都能賣個滿座,票賣的越多,電影院賺的錢也就越多。

3) 電影院很少發放贈票。

4) 票房收入在上升,越來越多的人願意出來看電影。

5) 在大多數節假日裏,與你喜歡的人一起看場電影已經成爲了一種習慣。

Ⅳ.對話篇

Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you still have a friend who is an usher at the cinema?

莫莉:不好意思,戈登,你還有個朋友在電影院裏當引座員嗎?

Gordon: Yes I do, he is a great guy.

戈登:有,他可是個不錯的傢伙。

Molly : Can he get us complimentary tickets?

莫莉:他能不能幫我們搞到贈票?

Gordon: Only if he is working at the box office tonight.

戈登:除非他今天晚上賣票。

Molly : Maybe he can get us some complimentary food too.

莫莉:也許他還幫我們搞到些免費吃的。

Gordon: Don’t push your luck.

戈登:得了,別太貪得無厭了。

Molly : I am sorry, what does, "don’t push your luck mean?"

莫莉:對不起,什麼叫“見好就收”呀?

Gordon: It means don’t ask for too much. Food is the cinema’s cash crop, so he can’t give it away for free. Understand?

戈登:意思就是說別指望的太多。吃的可是電影院主要的收入來源,所以他不可能給我們免費食物,懂麼?

Molly : I understand. Owning a movie theatre is big business.

莫莉:我懂了。經營一家電影院可是個大買賣。

Gordon: If my friend was the CEO, I am sure he could help us, but he is only a low-level usher.

戈登:如果我的朋友是電影院的首席執行官,那他肯定能幫我們,但他只是個小小的引座員。

Molly : Complimentary tickets are fine. I’ll take what I can get.

莫莉:能得到免費電影票就已經不錯了,我知足了。

只有英語專業的學生才能懂的7件事

7 Things only an English Major Will Understand

1.A complete silence is much appreciated.

完全沉默是非常必要的

English majors need enough time to think about what they’re reading. They need to hear their own thoughts. They often choose to read in silence. You might see them in the library hunched over a desk full of books, or maybe even sleeping on an opened text. They love thinking, but libraries can be so peaceful, it’s hard not to think of a little snooze.

英語專業需要足夠多的時間去思考他們讀到的是什麼。他們需要傾聽自己的思想。通常他們都會選擇在沉默中閱讀。也許你看見他們頭埋在堆滿書的圖書館桌子上,或者你看見的是他們趴在開啟的一本書上睡着了。他們喜歡思考,但是圖書館太安靜了,不打瞌睡都很困難。

aries and coffee shops are the best spots.

圖書館和咖啡店是最好的地方

Rather than wasting time playing games, or partying the whole night away at a bar, English majors would rather go to libraries or coffee shops to read (and get another does of caffeine).

與其把時間用來打遊戲,或者整晚的泡在酒吧,英語專業的孩子更願意去圖書館或者咖啡店閱讀。

-thinking is a habit.

深入思考是一種習慣

Because of their experience with analytic linguistics, English majors tend to over-analyze behaviors of people, to the point that it becomes habitual.

因爲他們有分析語言的經歷,英語專業的學生更容易過度的去分析人們的行爲,最後變成一種習慣。

ling 120% pressure is quite a norm.

處理120%的壓力也相當正常

Writing a 15-page analysis about their professor’s movie, hundreds of impromptu speeches, reading a 150-page literature book are quite normal for them. They are still able to make it with less time. It’s like that saying, practice makes perfect.

寫出電影的15頁分析,成百上千字的即席演講,讀150頁的文學作品,這些對於他們來說都太正常了。他們還能用更少的時間完成。就像古語說熟能生巧一樣。

iam Shakespeare and Jane Austen are their peers.

莎士比亞和簡 奧斯丁是他們的小夥伴

Because they delve so deeply into Shakespeare’s sonnets and plays, or Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, the student feels like the know the actual person. Thus, they consider them their peer.

因爲他們如此深入地研究莎士比亞十四行詩,戲劇以及簡奧斯丁的《傲慢與偏見》,學生就會有似乎真的認識這個人的感覺。所以他們講其視爲他們的小夥伴。

hing professors’ favorite movie is a hobby.

看教授們喜歡的電影是一種興趣

This is admittedly true. So, when you want to have a good grade, knowing their professor’s favorite movie is the best thing they should do. This sounds funny but it is true.

誠然如此,所以你想要成爲一個優等生的時候,知道教授最喜歡的電影就是英語專業的學生最應該做的事。聽起來有些有趣但事實就是這樣。

ing discomfort to sell a book is usual.

賣書的時候覺得不開心也是平常事

Their subjects are just interconnected. So, they don’t want to sell their good old book unless they are done with university studies.

他們的東西都是有一定共性的。所以他們不願意將自己那些舊的有用的書賣掉,除非他們的大學生活結束。

【原創文章,轉載請註明出處】